As of 2007, the Luxembourg Government introduced the Specialised Investment Fund (SIF), a considerably flexible investment vehicle, catering for investors from a broad range of categories. By establishing a series of financial bodies through the SPF (Société de Gestion de Patrimoine), SIF enjoys a flexible framework in conjunction with tax benefits. SIF sustains a multi-purpose approach in investment by allowing a variety of capital such as hedge funds, private equity and company takeovers to be invested in. A-Swiss will be able to create a fund establishment based on the following structures:
- Mutual Fund (FIS-FCP) – Based on the principle of diversification of risk, joint owners only manage and are liable up to their own amount of contribution. The fund itself is represented and managed by a management company in Luxembourg.
- Open-ended Investment Company (SICAV- FIS) – sole objective is to benefit one or more well-informed investors by investing funds in securities and enabling diversification of risk through the spreading of those funds.
Main requirements for all types of SIFs:
- Central administration must be based in Luxembourg;
- Assets must be entrusted to a custodian established in Luxembourg;
- Issue and redemption of units is based on New Asset Value (calculated at fair value).
* Please note that A-Swiss do not offer any financial services advice or asset management services. We can refer you to the appropriate licensed entities should you require these services.